5. Angel Innovation - As the first entrepreneurship-based innovation centre in Canada, this is obviously big news. A partnership between angel investors and Microsoft Canada provides an environment to help foster and develop ideas and innovation, free of charge. An incredible investment in the country and in our future.
4. The Zune phone - Although little is known about the product, and some may suggest that the Zune has flopped and Zune-phone is a reaction to the iPhone, there are two things to consider. First, the Zune took less than 8 months from idea to release, which is fairly respectable, and provided something that many other mp3-like devices lacked - innovation, as in the wireless connection. Paul is right in his statement that all PC manufacturers would look at developing an integrated telephony product, but not all manufacturers have the reach of Microsoft and the integration possibilities - from Zune to PC to Origami to 360. Everything currently built on top of Windows or MS Office will inevitably be built on top of the Zune.
3. GooTube Gaff - Taken from Techcrunch, a statement that was emailed from Viacom: After months of ongoing discussions with YouTube and Google, it has become clear that YouTube is unwilling to come to a fair market agreement that would make Viacom content available to YouTube users. When you think about it, it’s only 100,000 videos and about total 1,000,000,000 views…
2. Vista, Office 2007 released - There are all sorts of reasons or suggestions for the late release, but it’s finally here and ready to make waves. I’m sure you’ve heard it all or seen it all, so check out the Vista Homepage and Office 2007.
1. Snowflake’s Been Kidnapped! - Okay, so Snowflake, the mascot kidnapped in Jim Carrey’s break-out movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, has not been kidnapped. The Dolphin’s website, for both the team and the stadium, has been hacked though. Originally detected on January 26th, the website has been spreading malicious code and infecting computers for the last week. Honestly, if Ditka was in charge of security, this would have never happened. da Bears!